Our beautiful baby boy ~Bailey~ was born sleeping on 24 March 2009
My lovely mum, Val, passed away on 9 April 2015 (my best friend)

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Secret Garden Meeting - August

If you created a bedroom for your baby tell us what it was like.
Did you have it ready for them before they were born?
If so how did you cope coming home to it without your baby?
Did you pack it all away?
What is your baby's room now?
If you lost your baby after they had come home what is it like going into there room now?
If you are trying to conceive again, or are pregnant again how do you feel about setting up another room before your baby is born?

We didn’t have a room set up for Bailey. We were in the process of erecting a garage in our backyard so that we could move all our odds and ends in there, which would have made our spare room available for our baby. We would have it all completed a long time before his due date, but after we lost Bailey, we’ve taken our time and our garage still isn’t finished and what would have been Bailey’s room is still in a shambles.

We now have Brodie’s cot in the spare room, which would have been used by Bailey, but it’s only in there for storage now.

Maybe in some ways it was a blessing that the room wasn’t set up and I didn’t need to alter anything, but at the same time I’m so disappointed in myself that I didn’t have anything set up at all for Bailey, even to have removed our stuff out of the room.

My parents-in-law want to stay with us in a few weeks time, so we have no option but to clear it out now and we are planning to have the garage finished in the next couple of weeks so that we have somewhere to store our stuff. It seems so strange to now be cleaning it out for my in-laws and not my little Bailey (I’d so rather be cleaning it out for Bailey).

3 comments:

Tina said...

I am so sorry you are not clearing it out for your sweet baby boy. I truly wish you were. xx

Sarah said...

wish you were putting the final touches on the room for Bailey and not getting it ready for anyone else friend. I'm sorry you are hurting.

Once A Mother said...

I am so sorry that your little Bailey never got to come home and that you never got to clear the room for him. I am also sorry that your friends are not acknowledging or mentioning him to you anymore (I read your newest post) he is just beautiful and should be remembered always.