Our beautiful baby boy ~Bailey~ was born sleeping on 24 March 2009
My lovely mum, Val, passed away on 9 April 2015 (my best friend)

Friday, November 5, 2010

My First Dream

I've had my first dream of Bailey.  It wasn't comforting, in fact it was a bit scary. 

In my dream I was going through his memory box and came across his hand and foot prints.  As I was looking at the prints, his hand prints were slowly fading until they were gone.  I woke up then.

Not sure what it means, but why dream of losing his hand prints when that is just one of the few items I have to treasure. 

His hand print reminds me though of how sick he was.  The nurses couldn't open up his hands to get proper hand prints as they were completely clenched.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm sorry your dream was the scary kind, and not the comforting kind. I have had both (alot more of the scary kind). I know how unsettling it is. I actually have a dream dictionary that I bought to help me interpret my unrelenting dreams. It has helped me make sense of alot of them.
So I looked up fading, footpirnts, and handprints for you, if you're interested.
Fade: lessening of something in the dreamers life. Could be a positive or negative sign, dep. on surrounding elements.
Footprints: trace markings of those who have gone before us or those marks in life we leave behind.
Handprints: same as footprints, + a mark of our identity
Hope you dont mind the extra info, this is an area of interest to me. Hope your next dream is one of the good ones. (())
PS, the book is "In.Your.Dre@ms" by M@ry.Summer.R@in

Fiona said...

Thank you so much, Heather, for looking up what my dream means. I hope it doesn't mean that my head wants to let go - I don't want to ever let go. I do want to find peace, but I don't ever want him to fade away in my life xx