Our beautiful baby boy ~Bailey~ was born sleeping on 24 March 2009
My lovely mum, Val, passed away on 9 April 2015 (my best friend)

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Another Baby???

Someone at work asked if I was expecting another baby as she mentioned that I looked like I was showing, I looked down and I guess my tummy does look a bit swollen (hasn't completely flattened since Bailey's birth), but no I'm not pregnant. I told her that I've been eating lots, which is true as lately I've been comfort eating, and that I wasn't sure if I wanted to get pregnant again, which is also true.

Then I thought should I get pregnant again, do I want to go through another pregnancy, what will I do if it happens again and I lose another baby, how would I cope.

It's been nearly 4 months since Bailey's birth. I want Brodie to have a little brother or sister to grow up with. I think I need to get over my fears and decide either way. I had a healthy baby before, so surely I can do it again.

My OB told me I'm all good to go, so there's nothing physically wrong with me to not go ahead and try again.

I have lots of thinking and deciding to do, and then there's Will who needs some input in the decision making, too.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I can hardly write this through my tear filled eyes....but I hear you!! Oh how i understand those thoughts....I am really struggling with falling pregnant again. I am terrified- as much as I want another precious baby- I couldn't bear to lose another one ( we miscarried at 11 weeks-last Nov). I too, know- I've had one healthy baby and a very easy pregancy...but finding it hard to trust God that it would work out again :-(
it's so awkward when you get asked those kind of questions... a shop assistant was making me feel VERY aware of my weight- so I told her the truth...that I'd just had a baby (or 2), when she asked how old they were, I said 3 weeks (I had HAD them 3 weeks before) and that I didn't plan to stay this way....! The things we say to protect ourselves.

If/when you decide you are ready, I will pray you through every day and week xx