Our beautiful baby boy ~Bailey~ was born sleeping on 24 March 2009
My lovely mum, Val, passed away on 9 April 2015 (my best friend)

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

19 Week Scan and Christmas Service of Rememberance

This afternoon I'm having my 19 week scan. I'm excited to be seeing my baby again, but also quite nervous, as at my 19 week scan with Bailey we found out he wasn't going to make it.

We are going to attend a Christmas Service of Rememberance on Sunday at the Funeral Directors that cremated Bailey. We get a chance to write in a Christmas card for our lost ones, and place them on the Christmas tree there. I've got a special Christmas card for Bailey, which says on the front "For you, Son", and then inside the card "Just to let you know you're always in many loving thoughts and happy memories - and that's especially true at Christmas - You're such a special son. Merry Christmas with Love", and then I'll write our special message to Bailey inside it. I'm looking forward to it as it is a chance for me to openly love my son. My parents are also coming and will bring a special card for Bailey, too.

We are not sure if we will find out what this baby is. Will doesn't want to know, but I do. I'm thinking another little boy, while Will thinks this one is a girl (first time in 3 pregnancies has he ever suggested it may be a girl - well he did get Brodie and Bailey right).

2 comments:

Tina said...

The ceremony sounds like a healing event. We attended one a few weeks ago and it was difficult, but helpful to me. xx

tdb859 said...

Fiona, I am so sorry for the loss of your little Bailey. I don't know if the pain ever goes away-all I know is that there are good days and bad ones.
You and your new baby are in my thoughts. This baby is so lucky to belong to such a loving family. I hope you keep me informed on how the pregnancy turns out. Bless you for your kind words.
Tracy