Our beautiful baby boy ~Bailey~ was born sleeping on 24 March 2009
My lovely mum, Val, passed away on 9 April 2015 (my best friend)

Monday, November 9, 2009

Letter to Bailey

Dear Bailey,

I'm still missing you so much. Thank you for coming into our lives even though it was such a short time, and even though you didn't get to take a breath of air, I got the chance to hold you and kiss you as much as I could in the hours that we shared together.

Thank you for sending down your brother or sister, and letting me know about the little bundle on your due date.

A couple of weeks ago at 15 weeks, I finally told work that I'm expecting your brother or sister. Everyone is very happy for me. Still lots of people don't know, and for some reason I'm finding it really hard to let them know - the words just aren't coming out of my mouth even though at times I'm desperate to tell. Why am I so scared to share my wonderful news? My baby bump is smaller than when I was pregnant with you and Brodie, but there definitely is a bump there. I'm so amazed how I've managed to now get to 17 weeks, and some people still not noticing.

With my wonderful new doctor, we finally got answers as to why things went so wrong while I was pregnant with you. I'm so sorry my blood caused all these bad things to happen to you. If I had have known this could have happened, I would have done everything I could to ensure your safety, and that's what I'm doing now to protect your brother or sister.

Brodie is now 2. Funny how the "terrible twos" have started right on time. Your big brother can really frustrate me, but he's such a gorgeous little man, so I never can stay too upset with him for too long.

I just wanted to write and let you know that I'm constantly thinking of you, constantly loving you, and constantly missing you.

Hoping you are having lots of fun in Heaven with all the beautiful angel babies up there with you.

Lots of love forever,
Mummy
xxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

Lea said...

Beautiful letter to your son, Fiona.