Our beautiful baby boy ~Bailey~ was born sleeping on 24 March 2009
My lovely mum, Val, passed away on 9 April 2015 (my best friend)

Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Service

We attended the Christmas Service for people who have lost someone in their lives at the Funeral Directors a couple of weeks ago. It was a nice service, but even though short, it was still too long for my 2 year old. He complained a bit through the Service, but something I should have expected anyway.

We placed Christmas Cards on a tree for our lost ones, and then later they cremate the Christmas Tree and Cards.

It was quite emotional especially when I tried reading aloud the poems in the book, so I stopped, and then of course Brodie was asking for a lot of attention which took the focus off the Service.

Unfortunately my mum decided to have an argument with my husband at the end of the Service, which really ruined the day. I still can't understand why she chose that time to air her grievances and it really disappointed me that she did that. It really sucked how I wasn't able to think on Bailey the way I should have.

I have had some more appointments with regards to our baby's cleft lip and palate and have been in touch with a local support group. We have a recommendation for a surgeon already who will perform the surgeries, and will meet him before the baby's birth so that he can prepare us for the outcome of the birth and then the surgeries that will follow.

No comments: